Re: [TowerTalk] telephone poles from the electric co.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] telephone poles from the electric co.
From: Alain Michel <opalockamishabob@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 14:28:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

There is a great article in the October, 2007 issue of CQ Magazine [page #52]
well written by Stew Gillmore W1FW, on this very subject.

Regrettably, it is not yet available on the CQ archives. However, you might be
able to contact him via his address in QRZ or elsewhere.

For anyone not willing to do that, permit me to condense the 5 1/2 page article
by quoting the last paragraph...

"Yes, the wooden power pole was free, but I spent $1,000 on trap rock [he's in
Connecticut] and $2500 for the pole setting engineers, $155 for assorted epoxy
[to plug woodpecker nest holes] $100 for hardware cloth and about $100 for
permits and another $100 for the Professional Engineer. Let's see...how much is
that per QSO so far?

And what about the woodpeckers next year."

Anyone contemplating this idea should really read this article.

Alan...KI6HPO