[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TowerTalk] Rigid Steel Conduit as Mast?

To: "Tower Talk List" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rigid Steel Conduit as Mast?
From: "Jim Brown" <>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 16:08:01 -0700
List-post: <">>
On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 18:52:50 -0400, Roger (K8RI) wrote:

>There are two types of rigid steel conduit. The one is like schedule 40 
>pipe and the other (EMT) is thin wall.

Clarification: Actually, there are three thicknesses of steel conduit 
commonly used in North America. In the trade, they are designated "Rigid 
Steel Conduit," "Intermediate Metal Conduit," and Electrical Metallic 
Tubing.  Wall thicknesses varies with conduit size, and for these 1.5-inch 
nominal conduits are are 0.138 in, 0.09 in, and 0.065 in respectively. I'm 
talking about using a 10 ft length of "Rigid Steel Conduit," which is 1.9 
inch o.d., with only a 3-el SteppIR at the top (which is relatively small 
and light weight). 


Jim K9YC



TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>