Re: [TowerTalk] (Repost) Engineering advice on above ground foundation

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] (Repost) Engineering advice on above ground foundation
From: <>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 22:05:58 -0400 (EDT)

In 1912, German company built an 820 foot radio tower not far from you on an
ocean front island in Tuckerton, NJ.  They also had a high water table problem
and built most of their tower and guy wire foundations above ground.

They must have done a good job, because the huge foundations are still there!
One is right next to a house where N2GUU, N2NFH and KA2PFL live:

This one is in the middle of a street:

And this one too: