Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-up tower limit

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-up tower limit
From: "Doug Rehman" <>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 09:44:56 -0400
The LM-354HDSP has been built since at least the early 1990's. Throughout
its life, it has had several redesigns/material changes that have resulted
in it going from 16 square feet at 60 MPH with a maximum dead load of 350
pounds (4/1993 Manual) to 52 square feet at 85 MPH with a maximum dead load
of 550 pounds (current website).

Even on an original model, 160 pounds would be a light load (about 46% of
the maximum).

Your proposed load is way under the capabilities of the LM-354HDSP. (Look me
up on QRZ to see what I have mine loaded with.)