[TowerTalk] Good Quality Pulleys

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Good Quality Pulleys
From: "Robert West" <>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 10:22:11 -0400
Does anyone have a source of good quality, solid hub pulleys?  Prefer 6"
diameter.  Trying to put together a good block and tackle system but all I
can ever find are the cheap 2 piece welded hubs or small 2" solid.   Tried
looking at garage door pulleys, cheap.  Not very robust.  And the local
mower shop is using the cheap 2 piece welded hubs so that's out as well.  I
prefer quality over price but all I seem to see are "cheap".  I never have
trusted cheap.  Any ideas?  Not looking for a readymade block and tackle
since I need to make the brackets to fit just so on my tower but it's not
out of the question.