Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800DXA Not Rotating

To: "<>" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800DXA Not Rotating
From: Paul Price <>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 16:15:37 -0700 (PDT)
John, thanks for asking. I had the XYL rotate the beam while I watched. It
rotated completely fine. A full 1.5 turns effortlessly. The problem has been
narrowed down to the control box in the shack, not registering correctly as to
what's going on outside.

Ok, my next day off I'll open it up and see what I can figure out. Hopefully
something simple. I doubt it's the cable since it rotates just fine but the
readout is wrong and appears slow in the shack but is fine outside.

Paul Price - K5HSV

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 11, 2009, at 4:19 PM, <> wrote:

The Yaesu G2800DXA is a nice rotator.  Are you sure that nothing is binding
and that your coax is free?

John KK9A

Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800DXA Not Rotating
From: "Paul Price Jr."
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:22:22 -0700 (PDT)

I just turned on my control box last night and tried to work some stations
I noticed when I tried to rotate my beam the control box was very slow, in
addition, it would only turn in the range of 60-180 degrees. This morning, I
went outside and disconnected the ICE spike protector and went back inside
find out nothing had changed. I climbed the tower to see if anything looked
kinked or twisted but didn't find anything out of sorts. Does anyone have
experience with a similar problem and any ideas as what I need to do before
pack this thing up and send it back to Yaesu in California? Using my Fluke
meter it would be nice to be able to determine that it's just a bad cable.
However, the fact that the rotor turns slowly and only partially makes me
its in the rotor its self... Ideas?

PS: I love the rotor but I'll be darned if I ever buy something that can't
worked on by Norms or Rotor Dr. This thing may have to go back to Japan
Yaesu doesn't keep parts on hand, from what I've read!

Best of 73s,
Paul - <>