Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting Polyphaser IS-RCT to SPGP

To: Peter Dougherty <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting Polyphaser IS-RCT to SPGP
From: John Kemker <>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 23:47:24 -0400
The ICE might be a better solution, in any case.  However, to each their

I'd advise against the aluminum and seriously check out for their copper plates.  VERY reasonable prices
for 12"x12" sheets and straps.  I just got two in the mail that I'll be
mounting for the tower base.  It cost less than the great eBay deal I
got on a PolyPhaser copper plate mounted on MDF I purchased a few years
ago.  As in five times less money.  (I spent $45 before shipping on the
PolyPhaser plate.  I spent $9 before shipping on the GA-Copper plate.)
They also sell the wide copper straps for grounding and the copper
anti-oxidant grease, as well.  All in all, good deals on good product.

Peter Dougherty wrote:
> My Round Tuit finally arrived and I’m hoping to have my single-point entry
> panel finished in a couple of weeks. What I’m trying to figure out the
> proper way of mounting the Polyphaser IS-RCT (8-terminal rotor control
> protector) to the panel. It’s a solid box with a ¼”-20 one-inch stud coming
> out the top and there are no mounting flanges on the box. My original plan
> was an 18 x 24” copper or aluminum plate to which all the suppressors would
> be mounted, and 2” strapping to the bonded system. The thing of it is, none
> of the polyphaser devices are made for panel mounting—neither these IS-RCT
> boxes or the high-power coax supressors, which are bulkhead-mount only.
> I’m really stumped here and I think I may just end up selling these and
> getting ICE devices instead. Any suggestions?
> Also, would I be just as well to get aluminum sheeting for the SPGP, then
> using copper strap with a thick layer of NoAlox where the strap meets the
> plate? Would I run into problems if I ran two 2”-wide by foot-long buses
> tied together by 2” strapping or is it better to go with a single large
> plate instead?
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> Peter,
73 de W5NNH
10X 75371/M&M 117/SMIRK 6185/Six Club 285/TRA 2499/Norcross 228 F&AM

Virus Database (VPS): 090611-0, 06/11/2009
Tested on: 6/11/2009 11:47:24 PM