Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting Polyphaser IS-RCT to SPGP

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting Polyphaser IS-RCT to SPGP
From: "Michael Fox - N6MEF" <>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 05:09:59 -0700
I have a similar situation to yours, but it's intentional.

My outdoor NEMA boxes have an aluminum plate that mounts to the back of the
box.  But I wanted a bulkhead for mounting the suppressors so the cables
could enter one side, pass through the bulkhead and exit the other side.
(BTW, Polyphase does make flange-mount, but the bulkhead approach let's you
pack them in more densely.)

So I made the bulkhead out of aluminum and then mounted it at a right angle
to the back plate using some pieces of 1-inch aluminum angle from Home

For the IS-RCT, I secured a small piece of 1-inch aluminum angle the main
plate.  The bolt from the IS-RCT then goes through the angle and the IS-RCT
is essentially flat against the back plate.  (It's not exactly flat because
the grounding bolt in the IS-RCT is at a small angle, but it works fine).

Michael - N6MEF