[TowerTalk] guying a self supporting tower (was guy line anchor ?)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] guying a self supporting tower (was guy line anchor ?)
From: "Danny Pease" <dpease@adams.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:55:45 -0500

There's no place to do this with a tubular tower, as shown in the
photograph...and there's no way to mount a rotator inside the tower, either.
Unless I've looked at completely the wrong photograph, the one I saw was a
2-section telescoping tubular tower with a bell housing rotator mounted on
top and a KT-34A on that.

-WB2WIK/6

>From the picture, it appears there is a short "tower" section on top of the
mast with the rotor inside of it, a short mast through the top of the
"tower" (hopefully with some kind of thrust bearing or sleeve) and the
tribander is mounted above the thrust bearing top in normal tower fashion.
It may be possible to attach the guys to the section with the rotor mounted
inside of it very much like a conventional tower.

NG9R