Re: [TowerTalk] guy lines? & photos

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] guy lines? & photos
From: "Tony Brock-Fisher" <barockteer@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 18:38:11 -0400
Paul-

Looks like a fairly spindly pole. I would be concerned that adding guys would
increase the compressive load in the pole, which might cause it to bend out of
column and fail.  I would think that two sets would be better than one.Do you
have any specs for the pole which might list a max downward load? You need to
make sure the load added by the guys does not exceed that. Of course, the wind
to get some engineering done.

-Tony, K1KP