[TowerTalk] Mounting 2/440 beams on tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mounting 2/440 beams on tower
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 14:02:44 -0500
I have a question about mounting my 2m/440 beams on my tower.

Presently I have up only a dual band vertical that I use with my Kenwood TM732A
from a duplexer.

Now that I have separate beams for 2m and 440 and want to mount them on my mast
on my 30 foot Rohn 25G tower.

I want to mount the beams on the tower. I want only one coax coming into the
window from the beams. I want to switch between the
vertical and the beams while scanning both bands.

Can I simply:
Install an SO-239 T or N connector T at the tower.

Feed the T to the antennas and back to the shack through my tower mounted
remote switch to a two position switch at the shack which
would switch between tower and vertical.

Run the output of the switch to the input of the duplexer.

Run the two outputs of the duplexer to the rig as they are being done now.

Or is there more to it than that?

Bob AD5VJ