Re: [TowerTalk] Elevated Guys

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Elevated Guys
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 20:30:19 -0400
There is a lot of information on elevated guys in the archives including
this summary by WE9V:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/1998-03/msg00209.html .

73,
John KK9A

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Elevated Guys
From: John Kemker <john@kemker.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 12:48:54 -0400

I've got 50 ft. of Rohn 25G I'm putting up and would benefit from some
form of elevated guys.  I've seen installations in the past, such as at
W4KXY's house and KA9FOX's pictures, that use elevated guys.  How would
I determine what a good height is for an elevated guy and what distance
to set an elevated guy away from the tower base?  I'm currently planning
on 2 sets of guys according to Rohn's engineering drawings for 110mph
winds.  (DeKalb County, Georgia)

--
--JohnK
73 de W5NNH