Re: [TowerTalk] PL259's and heat shrink tubing

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL259's and heat shrink tubing
From: Adam Shirley WJ4X <wj4x@amsat.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 08:21:11 -0400
I use 3m 2155 tape covered with a couple wraps of 33. Never get any
water in my connections. The 2155 is a self fusing rubber splicing tape,
and the 33 is a PVC regular electrical tape. Works great, easy to apply,
easy to remove.

I've found that Coax-Seal is messy and nasties up connectors, and if you
wrap the connector first, you are then reliant on THAT layer for
protection. With my method, the self fusing tape only seals to itself,
so it's watertight and right on the connector where it needs to be.

Scotch-Kote works good where you have lug connections, I wouldn't dare
put it on a barrel connector.

The before mentioned method of hotmelt glue and heat shrink.... how easy
is that to get off? I have a feeling it involves more than running a
knife down the side and peeling it off very easily (The tape I use for
the base layer has no adhesive on it, so it comes off very easy)

73!
 -Adam
   WJ4X