Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Trees and Beams

To: <hanslg@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Trees and Beams
From: Tim Kass <timkass@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 00:02:48 -0400
I found similar issues on my first center fed zep, wire going through my tall
maple tree, worked great until it rained, or snowed and then finally the wires
seem to grow into the tree limbs itself...making loading changing and effecting
its gain and usefulness......my solution was found at 2 ham fests, for $10 and
$5 I bought old Alpha Delta DX-A slopers, made a dipole out of them ...they are
heavy gauge solid wire with INSULATION on them...thus far the rain doesnt seem
to bother it...tuning remains the same - still fed with open wire feeders into
a Palstar AT1500.

PS>before I found these I was seriously considering making the dipole out of
ladder line, since its all plastic coated, but a bit difficult to pull through
trees...decided on this first.

73, Tim K8WBL

"Everything you want is inside you, All you fear is there as well"