Re: [TowerTalk] vertical advice

To: RonLists <RonLists@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] vertical advice
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 07:00:59 -0700
RonLists wrote:
> I am looking for the do it all vertical that is fairly hidden. Living in a
> situation here exterior antennas are not allowed. The condo association made
> me remove a hex beam. I would like to find a vertical no higher than about
> 40 feet and one that is fairly thin that can be placed among Leyland Cyprus
> trees. I would like to do as many bands as possible and have to install as
> few radials as possible.

What's your budget? How much power are you planning on running?

For ease of use an autotuner like the SGC at the base of a vertical of
pretty much any length that's convenient is not a bad way to go.  The
proverbial flagpole can be the radiator, as long as you have a suitable
insulator for the base.