[TowerTalk] STEPPIR WIRING PROBLEM

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] STEPPIR WIRING PROBLEM
From: "Larry & Karen" <k0is@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 23:06:59 -0500
Jim,

You probably have enough experience as a ham to know that most problems turn
out to be something simple after we've investigated all the complicated
stuff....been there, done that.

Problem is, it's 120 feet in the air!!  My guess, and I've seen this happen in
many industrial electrical control panels, is that you've lost a connection at
the connector strip on the board at the boom.  What happens so many times is
that the screws on these strips get tightened down on the wire insulation
instead of the wire and might even work....for a while.  I'm sure it's a pain
to even think of the work involved to get to this, but I'd almost put money it.

Good luck with your troubleshooting and whatever you do, be careful doing it,
and I hope you find nothing more serious than the problem I described..

73,
Larry  K0IS