Re: [TowerTalk] Universal Tower questions

To: John Kemker <john@kemker.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Universal Tower questions
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:51:32 -0400
John,
Having erected many Universal aluminum towers over the years, let me
try to answer your questions.

1.  Climbing the tower is not a problem, just don't do it in a heavy
wind as the added windload may overload the tower.

2.  The easiest and best way to erect the tower is as you have said:
mount the rotor, mast, antennas, etc .. and then pull/push it up.
Pulling works best IF you have a clear path for a vehicle, but I
erected my first 60' tower with monobanders by having the neighborhood
guys help me push and pull it up simultaneously.

It's not necessary to lay the tower back down to do antenna work IF
you can climb safely and use proper methodology for doing so.

When calculating your antenna windload, remember to include the mast, etc.

I am about to erect 6 more of these towers!
Have fun!

Don
N8DE