Re: [TowerTalk] Cable Runs

To: tod@k0to.us
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cable Runs
From: KI9A@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 20:22:59 EDT
As a construction Electrician the past 25 years, the only thing I can add
to Tod's install is to pull a #10 or #10 stranded THHN wire in the conduit,
instead of a rope, or string. It's been my experience, that using a string
or  rope for future pulls is not a good idea.  The rope will ALWAYS wrap
around  other cables, and when you pull it out, it WILL burn thru insulation.
If  you use a wire ( and lots of lube like Tod says), it'll slip right past
the  others.

Hi idea of separating the 120 volts from the other cables is GREAT idea
also.  Plus, the electrical code prohibits that, unless the insulation on  the
control cable is rated for same voltage ( i.e. 600 volts).

Tod, sounds like a great install!  I would follow his advice!

73- Chuck KI9A

In a message dated 7/27/2009 7:03:27 P.M. Central Daylight Time,