[TowerTalk] conduit thoughts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] conduit thoughts
From: "CRAIG CLARK" <jcclark@wildblue.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:55:23 -0400
"For that length of conduit run, I'd advise against corrugated drain
pipe.  The leading end of the cable/snake rope will get caught in the
corrugations along the way.  You ought to consider two parallel runs, too,
to accommodate the largish hardline runs."

I ran in to that problem so I put a plastic golf "whiffle" ball on the end
of my metal snake. The snake now merrily bounces its way thru the corrugated
pipe. I agree with Gene that a parallel run allows growth for your lines.
I'd suggest that putting the conduit down at least 12" will keep you from
suffering damage from equipment, cars and other vehicles driving over the
conduit.

Craig Clark K1QX
Radioware
PO Box 209