Re: [TowerTalk] H2O Proof Butt Splice Connectors Source

To: n6ki73@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] H2O Proof Butt Splice Connectors Source
From: KI9A@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 18:59:02 EDT
Hi Dennis,

I've been doing Electrical construction for 26 years now, and even the high
 dollar "waterproof" splices tend to corrode after time.  My guess is the
humidity trapped during the splice procedure.

I can get the catalogue out, and send you some info if you want, but, I
would buy a roll of Scotch 130c rubber splice tape, and use that. hen follow
up  with several wraps of Scotch 33+.  The 130c is a self vulcanizing rubber
tape, that makes a great weatherproof seal.

73- Chuck KI9A

In a message dated 8/6/2009 5:52:36 P.M. Central Daylight Time,