[TowerTalk] star brackets

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] star brackets
From: Jim Hoge <knowkode@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:20:33 -0700 (PDT)

       < Actually (and this is an  engineering question) the capacity is
probably slightly reduced since  you're putting much more load on the legs due
to doubling the guying forces with  the torque arm stabilizer, also known as
a star bracket.>

Although I haven't worked with star brackets, I would think that guy wire size
could be reduced when attachment is to a star bracket since there are two wires
under tension rather than one. Smaller wires have lower working loads and hence
the overall load wouldn't be doubled. I'd like to hear the truth on this issue
too.

73,
Jim W5QM