Re: [TowerTalk] TIC and TH-7

To: "'Steve Jarrett'" <k4fj@k4fj.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TIC and TH-7
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:59:25 -0400
I have a friend who did it. He put a spare piece of mast in the TIC cradle
and used a couple of vertical pipes at either end to connect to the TH-7
boom on either side of the central matching network. So, the mast lies
horizontally in the cradle and the boom is mounted above it. The mast is
about 5' or so long (enough to clear the central portion of the matching
network). The pipes are maybe 8"-9". I think he just used u-bolts to make
all the connections. I have a couple of photos that will give you the
general idea, but it doesn't show how the pipes are attached to the mast and
boom. If you can receive large attachments, I'll be happy to email them to
you.

BTW, I'm pretty sure the vertical pieces are pipes, but they may be
galvanized steel plates. I can't really be sure from the photos and it's
been a long time since I've been up on his tower.

73, Dick WC1M