Re: [TowerTalk] Step-down balun 12.5-50ohm

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Step-down balun 12.5-50ohm
From: "Perry - K4PWO" <k4pwo@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 01:12:36 -0500
True, but flipping the balun would unbalance the intended balanced side due
to the ground reference point.  I said "might not" because I didn't know his
antenna feedpoint configuration.  My pet peeve is people who insist on
calling a coax air wound or ferrite bead choke a balun (no balanced to
unbalanced consideration).

73 de Perry - K4PWO