Re: [TowerTalk] ANTENNA RESONANCE VS HEIGHT ABOVE GROUND - DATA POINTS?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ANTENNA RESONANCE VS HEIGHT ABOVE GROUND - DATA POINTS?
From: "john@kk9a.com" <kk9a@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 04:24:03 -0700 (PDT)
A model will give you an accurate SWR curve for any height and would provide
the best answer to your question.  I think 15' is too low for adjusting, I
would pull it up to 35 - 40' high which should get you close to your final
settings.  What are you adjusting?  Some people have had success adjusting a
hairpin match by pointing the antenna straight up and leaving the reflector on
the ground.  OWA antennas require little if any adjusting.

John KK9A