Re: [TowerTalk] How a folded dipole works

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How a folded dipole works
From: "Tod - ID" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:47:10 -0600
Boy, I certainly don't have the 'first principles' for analysis of
multi-wire dipoles in hand, but I do recall older versions of the Antenna
Book covering that topic. Selection of number of wires and sizes of wires
and I believe spacing between the "driven wire" and the adjacent wires
affected the result. I think the idea was that one could use this design
information to get a feed point that would step up or step down impedance.
Today I suppose we simply make transmission line transformers to do the same
thing.

It is obvious that a folded dipole is a special case of a multi-wire dipole
[2 wires, same diameter for both wires, etc] .  I would not be surprised if
the theory behind this lurks somewhere on the web.

Having said that,  I must have missed the initial posting -- why is this of
interest?

Tod, KØTO