[TowerTalk] Philly installation

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Philly installation
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:38:40 EDT

You do not need the heavy duty stuff!!!!! DO NOT use it.  You  can not
tension it to the proper tension as it will be pulling way too hard on  the
Rohn
25 tower.  The 6K stuff must be tightened to around 690  pounds.  You need
to use the stuff which is equivalent to 3/16 EHS.  I  believe it is 3900#.
That needs to be tightened to 390  pounds.

Getting the heavier duty stuff will get you nothing for your extra  money
spent and if you tighten it to the specified torque, it will actually be
hurting the tower.  Buy the 3/16 equivalent.  It is exactly what you  need.

I've worked with Philly since the 80s and know what I'm talking  about.
Whoever told you you want to go with the 6900# stuff doesn't know  what he is
talking about.  The 6900# stuff is for Rohn 45 and  55.