Re: [TowerTalk] Static Discharge Wicks

To: "'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Static Discharge Wicks
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 18:16:11 +0000
> On the other hand, the static dissipators aren't going to change the
> field all that much, so you still have the same problem: corona from the
> ends of elements and such.

That is what I would expect... however, their measurements seem to be made
reasonably carefully with a control antenna and such, so the dissipater did
something useful.  Perhaps it did help discharge enough to prevent larger
streamers, that might help keep from exciting the driven element enough to
reduce the noise at the radio a bit.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net