Re: [TowerTalk] re-visit W3CRA's old QTH - - Aaaaaarrrrrgh!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] re-visit W3CRA's old QTH - - Aaaaaarrrrrgh!
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:11:49 -0400
> I believe I found what's left of the yagi again: Googleearth:  enter
> 40.244932N, 80.181509W in the " fly to " box.

What's interesting about W4ZV's analysis is that one antenna, strategically
placed on the side of a sloping hill for a distance of about one mile, is on
par with, or better than multiple stacks over a broad range of take-off
angles v. gain.  But to cover a full range of azimuth, one would need towers
on at least four locations just below the top of the hill for optimum
coverage   Almost makes me want to relocate to the old W3CRA location in
Cannonsburg!

See a similar analysis at K5GO.  Scroll down to the very bottom of the page
in the link below.  Then compare the terrain against the 15m angle
predictability and launch angle gain.:

http://www.k5go.com/index.php/terrain

Paul, W9AC