[TowerTalk] Fw: different Scotch linerless tapes

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: different Scotch linerless tapes
From: "W5CPT" <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 08:56:15 -0500
From: W5CPT
To: n4zr@contesting.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:55 AM
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] different Scotch linerless tapes

On tower maintenance for the military we used a layer of "Self Vulcanizing
Tape" which had the liner, and over that a layer of good vinyl tape.  I
continue to do that today and have never had a failure, even when I lived in
New England where the winters punished connections.  As far as which "Self
Vulcanizing" tape to use, I use the least expensive one I can find at my local
Lowe's.  It still has a liner which can be a pain to split off the tape but I
find it lasts a lot longer than linerless tape which I have had fuse together
on me after a while.  The one thing I remember, both hearing (when I was a
technician) and saying (when I was the supervisor) is to never tear any tape,
use your scissors, and you won't end up with little black flags on your
connections.

Clint - W5CPT