Re: [TowerTalk] [RFI] 33cm band - Grace accountability

To: Mark Tyler <k5gq@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [RFI] 33cm band - Grace accountability
From: Dennis Vernacchia <n6ki73@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:59:45 -0700
This response form a firefighter who happens to be a active and
knowledgeable ham*

What's he complaining about? Does he think the NFPA or anyone involved in
life-safety is going to bootleg?

It has a 1 mile range? Isn't that equally dependent on the gain of the
receiving antenna?

Have him put a sign out in front of him home: "Don't enter if you're using
anything in the 33cm band"

None of my PASS alarm systems have ever had RF outputs, but it's nice to
know that option is availabe.

Frequency hopping 902 – 928MHz Spread Spectrum has been license-free for a
while. Much like the ISM and UNII bands.

Here's TAPR's take on it: http://www.tapr.org/ss_15_247.html

Someone needs to set him straight on what is and what isn't legal.*