Re: [TowerTalk] Gluing rope

To: n4zr@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gluing rope
From: Rob <ve6tr@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 05:40:05 -0600
I just did the same task recently, and just used black tape to hold
the two ropes together.  Overlapped the rope, made a few wraps on the
new rope with tape, then continued around both ropes.  I had about 3
inches of overlap on the ropes and used good 3M tape.  I had to do
this on 3 different pulleys (different poles), and had no problems.
I'm sure glue will work too, but less flexible if epoxy and would
suggest tape as well.

Good luck...

Rob  VE6TR