[TowerTalk] SteppIR Query

To: Tower Talk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR Query
From: Vic Culver <vic.w4vic@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:09:58 -0400
Good morning.  I'm fairly new to the list, having been referred here for
questions about installing a SteppIR such as I'm posting.  If this is
not right please direct me to the proper forum, thanks.

I'm about ready to place an order for the SteppIR DB-18.  I'm unsure as
to which of the options listed for both the antenna and for the
controller should be considered HIGHLY desirable and shouldn't be
overlooked.  Living in Virginia Beach, VA I don't think I need be
worried about ice and snow loading, so will pass on the element braces,
but probably will go for the boom truss.  I will add the passive element
for 6M.  Are there any of the other 'options' that should be considered
as important to have on my installation -- a sixty foot R-55G tower?

Thanks, and if not an appropriate discussion for the list perhaps you'd
be kind enough to respond direct.  73,  Vic, W4VIC