Re: [TowerTalk] Trying to ID a Tower

To: "Mark Watson" <mark@w1maw.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Trying to ID a Tower
From: "Steve Katz" <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:05:33 -0700
Take a photo and post it someplace it's accessible.  If you do, take photos of
the base, the winch and one of the lower section with a yardstick laying across
it so we can see what the base leg spacing is.

If it's "light" (like 350 lbs) it might be an MW-65 (4 section, 65 feet) but
that tower has such a small top section there's no room for a rotator in it: A
rotator could clamp "on top" of it, which obviously limits what you can do with
it.

The heavier duty towers are *much* heavier (e.g., LM470 is about 1100 lbs).

I think there used to be a model W-67 (four sections, 67'), like a taller
version of a W-51, but I haven't seen one of those in many years and it's long
out of production.

Most Tri-Ex towers have a name plate with the model number stamped into it
mounted on the bracket (base section) where the winch attaches.

WB2WIK/6