[TowerTalk] modeling a v shaped dipole

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] modeling a v shaped dipole
From: Gary Slagel <gdslagel@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:12:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hi guys,

I tried to model a v shaped dipole yesterday and was surprised by the results.
I'm looking at a dipole with the ends bent back toward each other rather then
an inverted vee.  I started with a straight dipole, then bent the ends toward
each other so they enclosed a 135 degree angle, then bent them to enclose a 90
degree angle, and last a 45 degree angle.

The azimuth pattern I got was identical for each configuration.  The direction
was different depending on how I rotated the wire to change the angle, but the
pattern was identical.

Does this seem reasonable or was I making an error or does eznec have a problem
modeling this?  I was using the free eznec provided with the arrl antenna book.

Thanks for input!

Gary Slagel/N0SXX
Hot Springs, SD
http://marina.fortunecity.com/sanpedro/351