Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator vertical loading

To: nf4l@nf4l.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator vertical loading
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 01:53:03 -0400

Mike wrote:
> I don't see how the load could be shared.
Only under ideal conditions. IOW in the practical world they can not
share the load.
OTOH if the shaft shrinks with cold temps the shaft will pull on the
rotator and one of the bearings. Or, it can push any two of them apart.
>  One of the three has it all.

One has the load, two may have stress IF the shaft is held by the thrust
bearings.  If the mast floats in the bearings there should be no problem.

73

Roger (K8RI)