Re: [TowerTalk] HF yagi - tree mount fixture - photos: Need suggestions

To: "'N4NW'" <n4nw@n4nw.org>, "'wland wland'" <wlanddx@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HF yagi - tree mount fixture - photos: Need suggestions
From: "Wes Attaway \(N5WA\)" <wesattaway@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 08:31:48 -0500
I think it would be a mistake to entirely cut away the gusset plates.  I do
think, however, you could remove part of the plates, leaving good bracing in
the corners.  I'm not sure all this would be worth the risk and trouble just
to save a few pounds.  Your biggest problem will be dealing with the ongoing
growth of the tree.

1138 Waters Edge Circle - Shreveport, LA 71106
    318-797-4972 (office) - 318-393-3289 (cell)
        Computer Consulting and Forensics