Re: [TowerTalk] Rusty washers on one-piece SO239 connectors

To: Patrick Barkey <n9rvee@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rusty washers on one-piece SO239 connectors
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:27:30 -0400

Patrick Barkey wrote:
> I am refurbishing a switch that was outdoors for a while that uses the SO239
> connectors that have a locking nut on the connector body instead of the four
> little screws to mount it to the chassis.
>
> A picture can be found here:  http://drawings.amphenolrf.com/pdf/189.pdf
>
> Under the caption "83-878."

That is a "rear mount" and for outdoor use I'd think you'd want the
"front mount" or 83-875.  That puts the washer on the inside and out of
the weather so when the connector is weatherproofed the washer is protected.
However that doesn't answer the question for a thinner washer and I
don't have an answer for that.

73

Roger (K8RI)