Re: [TowerTalk] Not QUITE a tower

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Not QUITE a tower
From: Charlie Gallo <>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 20:58:07 -0400
On 10/13/2009 wrote:

> TowerTalk is for discussion of tower and HF antenna construction topics so I
> think that your post is relevant.

> That distance should be sufficient for pseudo-Brewster enhancement for at
> least some of HF bands (you didn't say what frequency you intend to
> operate).  You can model it to see the effect.   I've used phased ocean
> front verticals from Grand Cayman Is. and they work well.

> John KK9A

I'm hoping to run at 20m - basically, I'm extremely limited on antennas here at
home, but I can go down to the local shoreline(s) and fairly easily put up a 2
or 3 element 20m VDA for a "lunchtime" antenna (also do some local IOTA stuff)
- heck, think about it - if you wanted one point N/S (nah, but), you could even
put one up on the shoreline of Manhattan.

That's the kind of think I'm thinking of - you know - a pierwall, a dock, etc -
strap up 3 elements, and play - heck, in some of the spots - use a pair of
"surf casting spikes" (used to hold surf casting rods) - go down to the shore
on a nice sunny day, and work HF on something a tad better than my DX-CC at 30

73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

My Website:
My Blog:

Old MacDonald had an agricultural real estate tax abatement. E-I-E-I-O