[TowerTalk] Station Noise

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Station Noise
From: "Michael Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 16:24:48 -0400
My coax leads from my tower come through a soffit aside the tower, into the
attic. I bring them then into the inside of a closet, and under the door of
the closet to my rig.  Next to the closet is my a/c air handler. This is a
new unit, just replaced a 20 yr old TRANE.  When the air handler is running
the fan puts out some ungodly noise.  I have to shut it down to hear most
anything that is not S-9plus in strength.  I sent an email off to ICE
Products to see if they have some kind of a 220 volt line filter...never
heard back from them, now after 2 weeks.  When the 220volt breaker is turned
off, the noise disappears even if the fan is still running slowing to off.
Anytime the fan is running and has current it is dirty. We have put bypass
caps on the 220 volt supply line, and the fan leads.  No help.  Any ideas? -
Mike

database 4515 (20091016) __________

http://www.eset.com