Re: [TowerTalk] Tree Strung Dipoles, etc

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tree Strung Dipoles, etc
From: Ian Hill - K8MM <ihk8mm@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 00:23:37 -0400
I live in the woods and all my antennas from 160 through 40 are held up
by tree that sway a LOT in the wind. Dacron holds up the best out of all
lines you mentioned. I'll tie a couple of  '5 pieces of the cloth
covered bungee cord to each end of the dipole's insulator, and then tie
dacron to free ends of the bungee. This system lets me keep my antennas
in the air for the longest period of time over any other kind of
rope/cord I've tried. BTW the dacron paracord ISN'T the type of rope I
use as it doesn't hold up nearly as well. I use a 1/4" 7 strand weave or
9 strand weave (something like that) dacron rope.

Ian - K8MM