[TowerTalk] Mystery Tower

To: "TOWERTALK@contesting.com" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mystery Tower
From: "Speer, Doug" <Doug.Speer@FairbanksMorse.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:37:56 -0500
I am trying to find out any information on a mystery tower.  The tower was
taken down a year ago from the estate of a silent key.  From what we know it
was up for at least 30 years, maybe longer.  The tower is a two section square
(four legs) telescoping aluminum tower.  Nested height is 26 feet and extended
height 50 feet plus or minus.  The base section is just shy of 16" square and
the top section just shy of 15.5" square.  The lift mechanism consist of
parallel chains similar in look and size of a motorcycle chain.  The chain lift
provides positive lift and retraction force.  there are roller bearings at
various points on the upper section to guide it as it is raised or lowered.
The tower was at one time equipped with a power winch and up / down limit
switches.  There was a tilt over fixture installed with the tower that provided
a cable / winch arrangement and tilted the tower on gimble mounts at
approximately the 8 foot level.  The top of the tower is fitted with a thrust
bearing and another bearing shelf is located approximately 24 inches below the
top plate.  A rotor shelf is located just below the lower thrust bearing plate.

I have some photographs of the tower as currently stored in a barn I can send
to anyone who might help identify this tower.

Doug, W9PN
Janesville, WI

Doug.Speer@fairbanksmorse.com<mailto:Doug.Speer@fairbanksmorse.com>

----------Legal Disclaimer----------

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential,
and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee.  No other person is
authorized to access, copy or re-use this message (or any information contained
herein).  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately
by replying to this message and delete it from your computer.