Re: [TowerTalk] Log periodic antennas and front end overload?

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Log periodic antennas and front end overload?
From: "W5CPT" <>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 20:37:49 -0500
What K9YC said.  Years ago when the front of the receiver was a wide as a barn
door this was true, but with today's modern solid state receivers I don't
believe it is any longer the case.  I have a Tennadyne LPDA into an Icom IC-756
(non Pro) and have never had a overload problem even when I lived in RF rich
Dallas TX.  With the present state of the art equipment, I do not think you
will have a problem.  Some one else stated "one boom - one feedline" and that
is the reason I went with a LPDA.  I love having a gain antenna when the
DXpedition goes to 17M to avoid the pile-up.

Clint - W5CPT - Moderator Tennadyne Antenna Yahoo Group