[TowerTalk] Cushcraft AV80

To: "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft AV80
From: "John Hudson" <jd_hudson@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:51:09 -0500
I have a AV80 vertical that I put up in the winter months and recently I put
it in the middle of the back yard and run my radials on top of the ground
and take it up in the late spring due to the summer noise and we still use
the back yard for the grandkids to play

What I'm thinking about before I put it back up is to attach it along side
my pool deck and use the 9-10' 4x4 deck post to help secure it. This would
leave apprx 26 feet above the post unsupported ( would rather not have to
guy it again) and would let me use about 75% of the 360 degree radial
pattern I usually use (40  68' radials)

Would the 4x4 effect the pattern too much for the first 9-10 feet? If so I
could move it away and use a non-conductive bracket to secure the vertical.

Also my pool is a 52" above ground approx 10 feet from this 4x4 post, any
effects on the antenna at that point.  The pool is in a direct south
direction of the antenna BTW

Thank You

John Hudson

1305 Old Rosebower Church Road