Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn SSV Towers

To: 'Towertalk' <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn SSV Towers
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:04:02 -0400
If it is in good condition and on the ground it could be a good deal.
Its use depends on what the section types are.  There are very stout 100
foot SSV's and there are 100 foot SSV's that I would not put anything
beyond a 2 meter vertical stick on top of.  Look at the engineering
specs and then determine what the sections are and then you can answer
some questions re what will it support.  They can be tough to work on
and fabricating rotating mast mounts and rotor plates etc is something
you have to deal with.  73 bob de w9ge

Allen R. Brier wrote:

>Anyone familiar with Rohn SSV towers? I may have a chance to buy a 100 foot
>tower for $1000 at auction. Is it a good deal? Are they easily usable or
>modifiable for ham use? Will it support a 2 or 3 element 40 meter beam?
>
>Allen Brier N5XZ / KL5DX
>1515 Windloch Lane
>Richmond, TX 77406-2533
>281-342-1882