[TowerTalk] Antennas for a restricted space

Subject: [TowerTalk] Antennas for a restricted space
From: Charlie Gallo <>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:29:46 -0400
Well, it looks like I may finally have found someone to put up an antenna for
me, and have the budget, but...

Here's the story - I live in NYC, and the biggest problem is my lots is 42 ft
wide - yep, just 42 ft

Now, I have an old TA33'tigarray' (a JR with the full power traps)  that I can
put up, and my present antennas are a DX-EE and a TV Evans 17/80 dipole

Now, I'm seriously considering a SteppIR, but with a turning radius of 19.7,
we're getting into the area of "it barely fits", plus it's large enough that
I'll probably hear complaints from ALL the neighbors in the area

So, that said - anyone have some ideas?  What would YOU put up on a small urban

73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

My Website:
My Blog:

Cthulhu for President -- for when you're tired of choosing the _lesser_ of the
two evils.