Re: [TowerTalk] House bracket insulator for noise

To: Its from Onion <aredandgold@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] House bracket insulator for noise
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 16:18:40 -0500
On Jul 6, 2008, at 12:46 AM, Its from Onion wrote:

> Would there be a advantage to using a thick (1 to 1.5 inch) piece
> of rubber to separate the house from the bracket?
> Reinforced, hard rubber like several layers of fire hose.
> My concern of course is noise.

Sorry for responding to such an old message.

I've had 44 feet of Rohn 25 housebracketed for eight years now. It is
right at the corner of my house, bracketed to the top of the wall
where my bedroom is. I have not had any trouble with noise. This
installation has 6 feet of mast and a Cushcraft A3S/A743 on top.

When the wind blows greater than 40 mph, I'll sometimes hear a deep
humming sound from the installation -- I think parts of the antenna
are vibrating, but it is generally not a problem.

Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901