Re: [TowerTalk] R7000 Trap Resonant Frequencies

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] R7000 Trap Resonant Frequencies
From: John Tait <johnei7ba@eircom.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 09:50:40 +0000
Hi Mike..
                 I think that's normal... The traps have a chunk of
aluminium tubing at each end, which loads the trap so you read a much
lower frequency. What I did with my R7, was to take a note of the trap
frequencies when the antenna was working perfectly. This allowed me to
retune a faulty trap to it's former state if repairs were neccessary.
See the bottom of my page at  http://www.qsl.net/ei7ba/r7_vertical.htm
  You'll see from the list that my R7 traps measured very low, like your
R7000 traps.
              Vy 73 and good luck
                      John EI7BA