[TowerTalk] FW: Basic tower installation question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Basic tower installation question
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:36:40 -0500
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Basic tower installation question

Jim,

Thanks for your comment. However a 70' Rohn 45G 90 MPH BWS (no ice) is rated
for 15.2 sq. ft. But Note 3 of the specs says that figure includes 8 sq. ft.
that was added in for 3 side-arms, which I will not have. So 15.2 plus the 8
sq ft gives this tower a 90 MPH BWS load rating of 23.2 sq. ft., which does
not exceed my total wind load of 6.8 + 12.6 + 2.2 (mast) = 21.6 sq. ft.

So I don't understand why you conclude I am overloading the tower in my 80
MPH BWS area?

Maybe I have missed something? If so, please let me know.

Thanks.

Tom - W4BQF