Re: [TowerTalk] Making a XM-240 into a 340?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Making a XM-240 into a 340?
From: " Wayne Jones N5GT" <djones@telepak.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 08:41:11 -0500

I have a rotable dipole that I have considered using to
make a 340.
I have also considered retuning the dipole to 30 mtr and
mounting it at
the correct distance in front of the 240 driven element
for a 2 el beam
on 30.  With any luck it would also act as a director on
40.  I was thinking
about seperate feeds for the two with a relay at both feed
points to
short the feed line of the element not in use.  Another
idea is to mount the
30 mtr el close to the 40 driven el as a Coupled-Resonator
dipole to get
a 30/40 combo.  Perhaps someone with some smarts could
model such
a combo.

Wayne/N5GT