Re: [TowerTalk] Cable working load/breaking strength...///

To: "'Bill Winkis'" <kc4pe@bellsouth.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cable working load/breaking strength...///
From: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 07:35:35 -0800
Bill,

You might check up, but the recommended cable specification has changed on
the LM-470.  When I re-cabled mine the cable recommended by Tashjian was
1/4", now this is the bit I can't remember and don't have time to look up.
The new cable is much more flexible, it is something like 7x32.  These
larger cables are used for the main pull up and positive pull down.

The reason given to me by Carl was that the old 3/16 cable was not flexible
or strong enough to be bend so tightly around the two bottom pulley's, they
had a life of typical of a 100 cycles.  The new cable fits fine  around the
existing pulley's.

Mike, K6BR